Valor Flight is a Tennessee Valley program that flies veterans to
Washington D.C. to tour the memorials constructed in honor of their service.
The flight, tour, and meals are provided at no cost to the veteran. Flights
depart Huntsville about 6:30 a.m. and land in Washington D.C. around 10:00 a.m.
tour the memorials, eat, and return to Huntsville by about 8:30 p.m.
Initial consideration are for those Korean War Veterans, who served in Korea during the war and currently live in the counties of: Madison, Limestone, Morgan, Marshall and Jackson. Exception(s) could be made for a veteran(s) living outside of those areas.
After we receive your submitted application below, someone from Valor Flight will contact you for an interview, provide you additional information and answers to questions you may have. Our flight is targeted for Fall 2011.
- Selections are first-apply, first-served; exceptions are made for the very ill and veterans over 80 years old.
- No family members may travel with you. You will be assigned a Guardian to help take care of you.
- You will never be asked for money from Valor Flight. You have already paid your debt with your service.
- All Valor Flight personnel, including the Officers and Committee Directors, are volunteers.
- If you have already visited your Memorial, you are not eligible for Valor Flight.
|Yes, I want to visit my memorial in Washington, D.C.